COVID-19: Teleworking, Leave Policies, Business Interruption
Date: March 27, 2020 11:30 AM EST
Duration: 1 hour, FREE to all virtual registrants
Join us for an online briefing with CowanPerry regarding the latest updates on evolving COVID-19 related work-related policies, as well as an opportunity for Q&A to discuss:
- best practices
- CDC and OSHA workplace guidance
- responding to a presumptive positive employee test
- ADA/ privacy obligations
- your legal obligations during the current pandemic
Agenda: 15-minute briefing by CowanPerry; 45-minutes of Q&A open to virtual attendees.
James K. Cowan Jr. Bio:
- Chairman and attorney with CowanPerry PC in Blacksburg and Roanoke, Virginia
- Practice focuses on labor and employment counsel, complex business litigation, land use issues, and commercial real estate projects. He also serves as general outside counsel to numerous businesses
- Represents a number of employers in the mid-Atlantic region, ranging from high-tech start-ups to large manufacturers
- Over twenty-five years litigation experience in federal and state courts across Virginia defending wrongful discharge claims, claims for relief under the Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor Standards Act, disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and claims of sexual harassment, and race and gender discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Frequent speaker and corporate trainer for companies on sexual harassment, employment discrimination, FMLA and ADA compliance, the Fair Labor Standards Act, diversity and affirmative action, conducting workplace investigations, hiring and firing, and union free management
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor and Employment Law; selected as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor
- Can be contacted at 540-443-2860 or email@example.com
Eric D. Chapman Bio:
- Partner, CowanPerry, PC
- Practice focuses on outside general counsel services, including employment law compliance and business litigation.
- Represents clients with offices and employees across the country and around the world. Licensed to practice in Virginia and North Carolina.
- Member of the Virginia State Bar and North Carolina State Bar. Executive Committee Member of the Ted Dalton American Inns of Court and Board Member of the Community Foundation of the New River Valley and New River Valley Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- Recognized by SuperLawyers as a Virginia Rising Star in Employment law from 2017 through 2020.
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Can be contacted at 540-443-2861 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by:
Advanced Registration Required:
Please complete your registration online, and a follow-up email will be sent to you from the meeting organizer regarding the Webex link and virtual participant guidelines. Thank you for being a part of this session!