– Postponed – New date to be announced shortly.
Being conscious of unconscious bias (and navigating it with bravery & grace)
Presented by Marisa Keegan, Director of Operations at Bonfire
Please join us at our 2020 kick-off event for WoTech (Women in Technology) as we strive to reach all women and men in any season of their career. Together we will:
- Discuss research and data highlighting the unconscious biases women face in organizations and the impact it has on women filling top leadership positions
- Analyze and share examples of high potential female leaders who have successfully navigated being the ‘only,’ falling off the glass cliff and pushing through the bias to achieve success
- Learn tips and techniques to increase your influence, find your voice and achieve your full potential
- Collectively meet as a growing group of both women and men who want to support and empower women in technology and increase their awareness of existing biases in the workplace
Bio: Marisa is a Certified Executive Coach with her Masters in Industrial Organizational Psychology. She helps CEOs design, implement and achieve their strategic plans. She has an extensive career working within Fortune 500 and high growth technology companies such as Rackspace, Bonfire and Webmail.us, where she played a key role in designing, implementing and achieving their strategic plans. These companies earned positions on Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, Fast Company and National Best Place to Work lists; Representing their ability to achieve strategic, cultural and financial success. As the current Director of Operations at Bonfire, a custom apparel company, Marisa is responsible for scaling and leading 60% of the organization. Her teams include Operations, Customer Success, Inbound Sales, Pre-production and Production and her employees are located in four different countries. Along the way, Marisa has been named one of the Top 100 Employee Engagement Experts in the U.S., was commissioned to write the book Culture: More than Jeans and Margarita Machines, designed a Customer Experience Model to transform the way companies build products and services and hosts the Leadership podcast Utter Brilliance.
When: Postponed – new date to be announced shortly.
Where: Auditorium | Taubman Museum of Art | 110 Salem Ave SE, Roanoke, VA 24011
Parking: Participants can park in the Wells Fargo Tower Garage, 19 Norfolk Avenue, SE, Roanoke, VA 24011. The cost is $1 per half hour, with an $8 maximum for all-day parking.
Cost: $35 for all participants
Registration includes a buffet lunch of sandwich-salad-dessert at The Taubman Museum of Art, within the Auditorium. Post lunch, attendees have the opportunity to view the art galleries, including access to Banner Exhibition: POP Power at The Taubman, which typically requires paid admission.